Memphis Institute of Barbering
Undergraduate certificate in Barbering/Barber
Program Length: 47 weeks
This program has not passed standards established by the U.S. Department of Education. The Department based these standards on the amounts students borrow for enrollment in this program and their reported earnings. If in the future the program does not pass the standards, students who are then enrolled may not be able to use federal student grants or loans to pay for the program, and may have to find other ways, such as private loans, to pay for the program.
Students graduating on time
8% of Title IV students complete the program within 47 weeks1
$15,475 for tuition and fees
$1,200 for books and supplies
$4,310 for off-campus room and board
No other costs provided.
Visit website for more program cost information: thebarberschool.edu/school-catalog/
*The amounts shown above include costs for the entire program, assuming normal time to completion.
Note that this information is subject to change.
Students Borrowing Money
93% of students who attend this program borrow money to pay for it2
The typical graduate leaves with
$8,920 in debt3
The typical monthly loan payment
$102 per month in student loans with 6.8% interest rate4.
The typical graduate earns
$16,000* per year after leaving this program5
*This institution has appealed the earnings data for this program.
Graduates who got jobs
73% of program graduates got jobs according to the accreditor job placement rate8
Program graduates are employed in the following fields:
This program meets licensure requirements in
There are no licensure requirements for this profession in:
No additional notes provided.
Date Created: 6/7/2017
These disclosures are required by the U.S. Department of Education
- The share of students who completed the program within 100% of normal time (47 weeks).
- The share of students who borrowed Federal, private, and/or institutional loans to help pay for college.
- The median debt of borrowers who completed this program. This debt includes federal, private, and institutional loans.
- The median monthly loan payment for students who completed this program if it were repaid over ten years at a 6.8% interest rate.
- The median earnings of program graduates who received Federal aid.
- Some States require students to graduate from a state approved program in order to obtain a license to practice a profession in those States.
- State Job Placement Rate: N/A
- Accreditor Job Placement Rate: Name of the accrediting agency this placement rate is calculated for:
Follow the link below to find out who is included in the calculation of this rate:
What types of jobs were these students placed in?
The job placement rate includes completers hired for: Jobs within the field
- Positions that recent completers were hired for include: Barbers
When were the former students employed?
all completers who completed between Janurary 2014 and November 15, 2015 included in the calculation
How were completers tracked?
Surveys, social media and directly notified by students